ReadingPals are volunteers that spend an hour each week reading to a pair of 4-year-olds to help them develop the skills they need to be ready for kindergarten. It’s an important job, and it requires a very specific set of skills.
So do you think you have what it takes to be a ReadingPal? We bet you do!
1) The idea of spending your lunch hour reading with kids makes you very happy.
2) You’re committed for the school year.
3) You take reading time very seriously.
4) You’re kind of a book person.
5) When people say they don’t like kids:
6) Playing with magnetic letters and chalkboards kind of makes you feel like this: