We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by United Way of Northeast Florida, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the United Way of Northeast Florida website), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
Effective as of Oct 17, 2018
Your privacy is a priority for United Way of Northeast Florida (https://www.unitedwaynefl.org) (sometimes referred to as “UWNEFL”, “us”, or “we”) and we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information relating to you, your computer, or your device and that enable your identification (the “Personal Information”). This Privacy Statement describes our practices with information that we (or our service providers) collect from a user (sometimes referred to as “you” or “your”) through our websites, applications, and our other network-connected products and services that link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”). This Privacy Statement only addresses information collected directly through or from our Site – it does not address or govern any information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from you other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media.
UWNEFL can be contacted by email at email@example.com.
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect information from you as described below.
Some elements of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or participate in a certain activity, such as newsletter subscriptions or donation processing. For example, if you register for an account on the Site, we may request Personal Information such as your name and contact information. If you make a donation on the Site, we will collect your credit or debit card or other financial account information. When you perform a search within the Site, UWNEFL may record information identifying you or linking you to the search performed and recording information related to the search request. We may combine information you submit through the Site with other information we have collected from you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements. Where you provide us with such information without request from UWNEFL, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase any such information at our discretion.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
Any comment system on the Site may utilize an opt-in Geolocation service in accordance with a prevailing community standard such as HTML 5. Such Geolocation opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the Geolocation service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within UWNEFL and publicly on the Sites.
As you navigate the Site, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Site, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Site.
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
Social Media Widgets: Our Site may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Site. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
Our site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operates as described in this Privacy Statement whether or not a DNT signal is received, as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site and through other sources for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide to us for the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you sign up to receive email notifications, we will contact you by email. If you provide us with information to make a donation, we will use the information to process your donation. Specifically, we may use Personal Information from or about you:
iii. to notify you about upcoming events and donations;
vii. if we intend to collect and use Personal Information for another purpose, we may seek your permission at the time the information is collected.
We may use any information that does not personally identify you, your computer, or your device, for any purpose.
UWNEFL does not sell your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with third parties only as described in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise described at the point where we collect the information from you, including:
iii. to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we use and disclose Personal Information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
UWNEFL is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, your Personal Information will be collected and processed in the United States. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
UWNEFL will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Also, UWNEFL uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. UWNEFL will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that UWNEFL shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer period of time is required by law.
The laws in some countries require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your Personal Information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful bases for processing your Personal Information is in support of our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms: In many cases, we handle Personal Information because it furthers our legitimate business and charitable interests. This includes:
-Providing a safe user experience on our Site;
-Sending communications to you to let you know about what we are doing with your donations and to solicit additional donations;
-Protecting users, our workers, and our property;
-Analyzing and improving our operations (e.g., optimizing the design and operation of our Site); and
-Managing legal issues.
This Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of United Way of Northeast Florida as controller of your Personal Information under applicable data protection laws. A “controller” is the person or organization who alone or jointly determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Information is, or is likely to be, processed.
You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions in Section 1(e)above (Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices).
If you are within the European Union, you have the following rights:
-You have the right to request from UWNEFL access to your personal data, and the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
-You have the right to obtain from UWNEFL the erasure or the restriction of processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, including when the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, except when UWNEFL is required by law to maintain or otherwise process your personal data, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another person.
You may exercise these rights by contacting UWNEFL using the contact information provided above.
If you are within the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement of the applicable data protection law. However, we encourage you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law.
UWNEFL reserves the right at any time to modify, alter, or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed, subject to limitations under applicable law. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any user who has visited the Site before the change was made. Please review this policy periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Information to us. The Privacy Statement was last updated on the date indicated above.
For questions about this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about privacy or handling of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
To contact us by mail:
United Way of Northeast Florida
40 E. Adams St., Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Welcome to the United Way website, operated by United Way of Northeast Florida (“UWNEFL”) and located at http://www.unitedwaynefl.org/ (the “Site”). The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of this Site. By accessing, viewing, or using the content, material, or services available on or through this Site, you indicate that you have read and understand these Terms, that you agree to them and intend to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, or if you are under 16 years of age, you are not granted permission to use this Site and must exit immediately.
THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. UWNEFL AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUALITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND EFFORT WITH REGARD TO ANY AND ALL USER CONTENT, THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS WITH YOU.
9. LIMITATION of Liability. UWNEFL AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY OR DOES RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR UWNEFL HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR PROBABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF UWNEFL AND ITS LICENSORS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE SITE, USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS OFFERED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU DURING THE PRECEDING YEAR FOR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF UWNEFL AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10). If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any of these Terms, or feel UWNEFL has breached these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
10. Indemnification. You shall indemnify UWNEFL and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and licensors (“UWNEFL Indemnitees”) against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings (“Claims”) arising out of or incurred in connection with the Site and your use of the Site, the Site Materials or any services, product or data obtained through the Site, your fraud, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the Site, the User Content, the Site Materials, the services, products, information and other materials on, in and made available through the Site, except to the extent attributable to UWNEFL, or any breach by you of these Terms and shall indemnify and hold UWNEFL Indemnitees harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and attorneys’ disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such Claims. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of UWNEFL. UWNEFL or its licensors may assume the defense of any Claim, at your sole cost and expense, and you shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defense. You shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any Claim and to participate in the defense thereof. If UWNEFL or its licensors do not notify you that it elects to undertake the defense thereof, you shall have the right to defend the Claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to UWNEFL, subject to the right of UWNEFL to assume, at their sole cost and expense, the defense of any Claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
11. Internet Security. UWNEFL uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. UWNEFL will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that UWNEFL shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to UWNEFL via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
12. Complaint Procedures. If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify UWNEFL by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
13. Changes to these Terms; Termination. UWNEFL reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update these Terms. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these Terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Terms since their last visit. UWNEFL may suspend or terminate your account and/or your ability to use the Site, or any services on the Site, for failure to comply with these Terms, for providing UWNEFL with untrue or inaccurate information about yourself, for infringement upon UWNEFL proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
15. Miscellaneous. The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, UWNEFL makes no representation that the Site, Site Materials, User Content, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of UWNEFL to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these Terms. Headings used in these Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words “includes” and “including” and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words “without limitation.”